- [September 2020] I published my first photo blog,
Iceland day-0, at aroraakshit.me.
- [August 2020] Srishti Yadav and I gave a talk on
Scalable Hyper-Parameter Tuning using RAPIDS on AWS at PyBay 2020. GitHub repo with presentation here.
- [August 2020] Siddha Ganju and I mentored the DisruptCNN team at GPU Hackathon 2020 (organized by Brookhaven National Laboratory).
- [August 2020] Mentored students on creating, finding and interviewing for the right opportunities in the software industry during COVID-19 via UnsaidTalks platform. More information here.
- [June 2020] Gave a talk on
Accelerating Machine Learning with GPUs at AI Camp. GitHub repo with presentation here.
- [December 2019] Attended NeurIPS in Vancouver, BC.
- [September 2019] Joined the Solutions Architect team at NVIDIA as a Data Scientist. I work with NVIDIA’s partners to optimize and accelerate deep learning and machine learning pipelines at scale.
- [January 2019] Back at WootMath for another internship. Built a serverless Business Intelligence pipeline using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Pub/Sub and StackDriver Logging) and Apache Beam.
- [November 2018] Created an artificially intelligent auto-complete extension to Mozilla’s VR project, A-painter, using SketchRNN by Google. GitHub repo here.
- [June 2018] Published
Learning in an interactive simulation tool against landslide risks - the role of strength and availability of experiential feedback at Journal of Natural Hazards Earth System Sciences. Full paper available here. Collaborated with Pratik Chaturvedi and Dr. Varun Dutt.
- [May 2018] Joined WootMath, Boulder, CO as an intern.
- Trained a recurrent neural network (RNN) based stroke data classifier with ~70% accuracy using TensorFlow’s Estimator API.
- Fine-tuned the model for mathematical categories using synthetic data.
- [May 2018] Built a real-time and scalable machine learning based toxicity monitoring tool.
- Prototyped the model using Keras, trained the final model on Wikipedia’s detox dataset using Apache Spark, deployed on AWS Lambda to analyze tweets in real-time using Apache Storm, visualized on Kabana dashboard.
- GitHub repo here.
- Collaborated with Hasil Sharma, Paramjot Singh and Ajay Kedia.
- [April 2018] Won the Outstanding Poster Award (Master’s of Science category) at the Graduate Student Research Expo organized by Department of Computer Science at University of Colorado Boulder.
- [January 2018] Joined Prof. Michael Mozer’s research group.
- Researched on tracing student’s knowledge state on online tutoring platforms, as an extension to this project.
- Trained and evaluated RNN based deep learning models using TensorFlow for deep knowledge tracing and compared them with Bayesian knowledge tracing. Collaborated with Dr. Shirly Montero.
- [November 2017] Served as Teaching Assistant for the following undergraduate courses:
- Fall 2017: Introduction to Computer Science
- Spring 2018: Introduction to Data Structures
- Fall 2018: Introduction to Computer Science
- Spring 2019: Introduction to Social Statistics
- [May 2017] Graduated from Thapar University, Patiala, India with a Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering.
- [January 2017] Back at Applied Cognitive Science Lab. Collaborated with Akash Rao.
- Designed first-person-shooter and search-and-rescue scenarios in augmented reality, deployed marker-less GPS based mobile application using Vuforia and Unity 3D (coded in C#).
- Experimented with other libraries, including Kudan AR, AR Toolkit, Microsoft HoloLens, Google Tango.
- [July 2016] Presented
Interactive Landslide Simulator - A tool for Landslide Risk Assessment and Communication at International Conference on Digital Human Modeling and Simulation in Orlando, FL. Paper available here. Collaborated with Pratik Chaturvedi and Dr. Varun Dutt.
- Travel Fellowship Award by Thapar University and Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi.
- [June 2015] Joined Prof. Varun Dutt’s Applied Cognitive Science Lab at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi, India. Created a serious game for education about landslides.
- Studied the effect of affective feedback on awareness about landslide mitigation techniques in the Himalayan region.
- Designed and analyzed a novel cognitive model for simulating landslides and its economic effects using Monte-Carlo simulations.
- Built and interactive simulation tool to be used for doing what-if analysis for policy decisions and educating people living in vulnerable zones.
- Collaborated with Pratik Chaturvedi.